Shaykh Muhammad Bazmool said:
The signs of a follower of desires are:
- He does not submit to the truth and evidence, even if it's made clear to him.
- He accuses the truth and its people of mistake.
- He does not traverse upon the way of the Pious Predecessors as it pertains to deduction (i.e. of a ruling).
- His intent is to nullify the sunan, and to refute the speech of his opponent. It is not to seek the truth and accept it.
- Revilement of the scholars and abandonment of returning to them.
- He is known by his methodology -to have- hostility towards the Sunnah and demands the repelling of it.