What is the (correct) saying about those who say that the only difference between the Salafiyyeen and the Hizbiyyeen and the Surooriyyeen1 is the defaming (the rulers) with revolt on the minbar. Whether it is for the Muslim ruler or other than him. May Allah reward you with good!
This is an ignorant statement with the methodologies of hizbiyyah. Truly the differences between the Hizbiyyeen and the Salafiyyeen are many:
- Protecting and taking care of tawheed: They make it the foundation for the da’wah with the salafiyyeen upon the path of the Messengers صلوات الله و سلامه عليهم أجمعين. As for the Hizbiyyeen, they don’t take care (of tawheed) and don’t lift it’s head, and don’t make it the foundation for their da’wah and don’t start off with it.
- (The Salafiyyeen) Hating shirk: major or minor, and warning from it.
- Taking their source of reference with the Salafiyeen: Allaah, and His Messenger's example the Book of Allaah and the sunnah of his Messenger صلى الله عليه و سلم. As for the hizbiyyeen, they put forth their imaams over the revelation2.
- The Messnger ﷺ warned from revolting against the rulers.
- The allegiance to the leaders, conditionally with obedience (to Allah)
- The Salafiyyoon make haram signing and they (hizbiyyeen) allow it. As an example, the an-Naasheed of the soofiyyah that in which they call an-Nasheed al-Islamiyyah (Islamic Signing).
And with Allaah is the Tawfeeq.
1Started by the misguided Syrian born Muhammad Suroor Zaynul-‘Aabideen. This Muhammad Suroor has been refuted by the scholars for his deviant statements such as: "The books of ‘aqeedah are not suitable for our times", and that all of the Muslim leaders are disbelievers, and If the people of Loot (‘alayhis-salaam) had said ‘Laa ilaaha illallaah’, it would not have benefited them as long as they persisted upon their disobedience. He is labeled with being from the Khawaarij and refuted by the likes of Shaykh Al-Albaanee رحمه الله shaykh Muqbil رحم الله، shaykh Muhammad Amaan al-Jaami’ رحمه الله and shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan حفظه الله
2Shaykh Khaalid adh-Dhufayree from the students of Shaykh Rabi and shaykh Ubayd and other than them clarified this in a lecture entitled : The Signs of the People of Innovation: ”When you say to them (hizbiyyeen) Allah said, they say Sayyid Qutb said and when you say to them The Messenger صلى الله عليه و سلم said. They say, Hasan al-Banna(founder of Ikhaawnil Muslimeen) said.